Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A Politician Went Up to Pray



He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt:

A politician went before the cameras to pray: “I’m not sure I have asked for forgiveness. I just try to go on and do a better job from there. I don’t think so. If I do something wrong I just try to make it right. I don’t bring God into that picture. I don’t.  I don’t think of it that way. I just try to go on. I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not. I’m thankful that I’m not like my opponent. You should see some of the things they’ve gotten away with.  I’ve traveled the country talking about change and my travels have changed me. I drink my little wine (which is about the only wine I drink) and have my little cracker, I guess that’s a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed. My opponent and their kind have done even worse things, (and thank God I'm not like them!) which I’ll be sure to tell you about over the next several days. Amen.”

I tell you, this man went up to the White House feeling justified. All those who exalt themselves won’t have to be humble.



(Luke 18: 9 – 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails