Pages

google analytics

Friday, April 18, 2014

I Shall Be Released

With a few very slight modifications, Bob Dylan's song I Shall Be Released (1967) is an appropriate song for Good Friday.


They say everything can be replaced,
yet every distance is not near,
so I forgive every face
of every man who put me here.

I see my light come shining
from the west unto the east.
Any day now, any day now,
I shall be released.

They say every man needs protection
they say every man must fall.
I swear I see my reflection
someplace high above this wall.

Hanging next to me on this lonely hill
is a man who swears he's not to blame.
All day long I hear him shout so loud,
crying out that he was framed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails