Pages

google analytics

Friday, November 8, 2013

Interpreter's Bible

Score!  The entire Interpreter's Bible series came into my thrift store the other day, all twelve volumes. Now... to be fair, I didn't purchase them for myself immediately.  I left them on the sales floor for a couple of days.  But when nobody else seemed interested, I snatched them up.  At a dollar per volume, I call it a win.

Published by United Methodist Publishing (Abingdon / Cokesbury ) in the 1950s, they include general articles about biblical studies, introductions to each book, commentary and critical notes.


Interpreter's Bible photo InterpretersBible_zpsddf5b52a.jpg

























I also have The Interpreter's One Volume Commentary on the Bible.  My dad gave it to me before I went to the Salvation Army Training College (seminary).  I also have one volume of the New Interpreter's Bible series, an updated version of the series published in the 1990s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails