Pages

google analytics

Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Blessing for Those I Have Offended (And Who Have Offended Me)

I know that I have rubbed people the wrong way. I know that some who read my words are offended, and some of those have been upset and even angered.  And some of those who have been angered have said mean-spirited things, have accused me of lying, of being unable to see reason,  of creating chaos, of delighting in making fun of others, and of generally not being a good person.

Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing. – 1 Peter 3: 9

May God bless you;
this is my honest prayer
                without (as far as I am able)
                malice, spite, or rancor.
May God bless you.

And when the Spirit moves
may She move through you.

And when Jesus calls
may He call to you.

And when the Father runs
may He run to greet you.

May God bless you;
this is my honest prayer:
May God bless you.


And if that's not to your liking I will (with a wink) steal the Rabbi  from Fiddler on the Roof's blessing for the Tsar.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails