Pages

google analytics

Friday, August 23, 2013

For Where Your Thesaurus Is…



I like learning new words and expanding my vocabulary.  I realize that admitting this may cause me to sound a bit like a nerd or an egghead.  But it is true and I don’t care.  I like words.  I subscribe to a word of the day email service.  I sometimes even read the dictionary – for fun!  Give me old words, obscure words, foreign words, forgotten words that no one uses anymore, I love them.

And apparently, so does Jesus.

In Matthew 6: 21 Jesus said, “..for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”   And in that verse the word “treasure” is the Greek word thesauros. 

"Where your thesaurus is, there your heart will be also."

The Greek word thesauros from which we do derive our English “thesaurus” literally means a “treasury or a storehouse, a repository.”  Our book of words is a treasure-house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails