Pages

google analytics

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Psalm 23 - A New Song

Since one of the Lectionary readings for this Sunday is Psalm 23 I am sharing a song that I wrote a few years back based on that particular passage.  It's not my favorite psalm (I don't even really like it...)  and this isn't a great song, by any means.  But it is what it is and, if you like it, it's yours.




To see the whole sheet (instead of the scrolling right window) click the double rectangle marked "view in window".

Yahweh's my shepherd,
I shall not want
in grassy fields he lets me rest.
To quiet streams
Yahweh leads me now
and restores my spirit
on paths of justice.

Even though I walk through 
a valley dark as death
I should fear no danger.
Even though I walk through
a valley dark as death
your rod and staff are there for me.

You prepare a feast
for me to enjoy
under the eyes of my enemies.
Kindness and love,
they chase after me
they follow me  all the way.

I will make my home in
the house of the Lord,
in the house of Yahweh.
I will make my home in
the presence of the Lord,
I will dwell with him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails