Pages

google analytics

Monday, April 29, 2013

April Anomalies A-Z: Yahoel



You have called upon the name,
the great and ineffable name;
how could I not come to your aid?

Who moves within the seventh expanse of heaven
has sent me to your aid in this,
your hour of trembling.

All that is within his power
all spoken word
has been given unto me for you, power
over earth, and sky, and sea, and
everything under the sea.

Lift up your head;
lift up your voice, and fear not
                the attack of reptilian spirits.

Eternal One, you have sent me to this man,
                this child of earth and breath;
only give him strength to praise and
he will sing your song,
                the song I will teach him.

All that is within his power
                all spoken word, all recited praise is
yours, o child of earth and breath.

Hear the names of the Mighty One:
                Holy El, Holy Sabaoth, Most Glorious El Yahoel,
who has heard your prayers.

Here I stand, for you have called, and I am
Yahoel, whose name is like unto that of God himself.


This is part of April Anomalies A-Z, a creative writing exercise and not intended to be an altogether accurate picture of the creature described above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails