Pages

google analytics

Friday, April 19, 2013

April Anomalies A-Z: Qeteb



You would do well to fear me
for I am the stalking terror of the night
and the swift arrow by day;
I am death under the sun at noon,
and the destruction that roams about in the dark.

I am Qeteb,
that which is cut off.

I am gnawing famine to consume you,
winged creatures with destructive fangs
to pursue you;
there will be no escape.

Poisonous serpents in the dust
to strike at your heel
fiery serpents to strike at your heart,
havoc without
and terror within.

I am Qeteb.
Oppenheimer only thought
he was becoming me.

I am the power of the grave.
I am corruption, destruction,
oblivion;
who could ransom you from me?

I am Qeteb.

I am pounding hail.
I am a whirlwind.
I am a swift flood covering the plains.
I am that line of despair
that you should fear to cross.

I am Qeteb.



This is part of April Anomalies A-Z, a creative writing exercise and not intended to be an altogether accurate picture of the creature described above.  If you’ve become frightened, you might be comforted by this.   Thanks to Thom Stark for helping me find this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails