Pages

google analytics

Monday, January 14, 2013

The People That God Loves - A New Hymn


This is something that I'm trying to do this year - I'm trying to write new hymns - or at least new words for old hymn tunes.  This week I've adapted the words of Isaiah 62: 1 - 5 to be sung to the traditional song, Oh Shenandoah.  

For Zion’s sake I’ll not keep silent, 
and for Jerusalem
I will not rest nor will I slumber
until her righteousness
shines like the golden dawn.

The entire world will see your glory
and kings will see your goodness,
then you’ll be called by a new name
a name the Lord himself will give
to you, his treasure.

You will be like a royal crown
and like a diadem.
You’ll not be called, “Lost” or “Forgotten,”
but, “The People That God Loves,
My Delight Is In Her.”

And you will be the bride of God
for he delights in you;
as a young man marries a woman,
so the Lord will rejoice
over you, his people.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails