Pages

google analytics

Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Dark, Dark Place - And I'm There Playing the Trombone

I frequently mention the Freesound Project on this blog.  I use its massive resource all the time in my music and video work.   I also frequently mention the Dares that members of the Freesound Project share.  We challenge each other to create new and exciting music or sounds with certain limitations or on a particular theme.  This month's dare, quite naturally, was to create a spooky, scary type of song or sound.

My submission to the dare was a song entitled Under the Shadow.

My friend and fellow Freesounder, AlienXXX, has shared a soundscape that he made for an earlier challenge- A Dark, Dark Place - in which he included a recording I made of me playing the trombone.  He's tweaked the sound a bit - so it may not sound much like the trombones you're familiar with... but I like it just the same
.






Here is my trombone recording singled out, just in case you were curious:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails