Pages

google analytics

Monday, September 24, 2012

Blue/Orange - A Freesound Dare


I make frequent use of the many sounds available at the Freesound Project.  But not only is it an enormous resource, it is also a community of musicians, producers and audio-crafters.  We sometimes challenge each other to various "Dares" to see what we can create from a limited selection of sounds.  This particular dare (#15) involved the use of opposites. Each of the sound samples we used had be chosen as part of a pair of opposites (quiet / loud, long /short, high / low etc…). 

For my piece I began by thinking – not so much in terms of music or auditory cues - but rather in colors.  My opposites are based on the colors blue and orange – which are complimentary colors, opposite each other on the color wheel. My search through the Freesound Project’s collection of sound based on this idea lead me to these four particular sounds:


The Blue Samples are long, elemental, related to nature.
The Orange Samples are short, human and technological.

With that said, here is my entry for Dare #15 – Blue/Orange 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails