Pages

google analytics

Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Sad Post wherein I Betray Some of my Ignorance and Failure


I recently auditioned for a role in a musical. I've been in a few shows over the years and I enjoy singing and acting. But I was really out of my league for this one.  The others that I observed auditioning were seriously well trained singers and competent dancers.  (I can't dance - and betrayed my ignorance when I asked for a definition and description of a "ball-change" during the dance audition...)

I was really surprised to get a callback invitation.
But in the end I didn't get the part.

Ah, well.  My wife says that I shouldn't expect to get a part in every show I audition for...


The above is a small collage / painting that I made some time ago.  If I can't dance, then at least I can paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails