Pages

google analytics

Friday, March 23, 2012

An Apocalypse Without Context



Yesterday I posted about the questionable value of proof-texting. 

This is a collage I made a few years back to illustrate something of this idea.  It's an apocalypse without context.  The various images - which have been taken from their original sources and recombined along with some drawings done by myself and by my then three year old son into a new an altogether different picture.

Does anything from their original message remain? Or does the resultant work stand completely on its own? Does it help or hinder one to not know where I've drawn my source material?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails