Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm Sorry


1 – I’m sorry that I’ve disappointed you.

2 – I’m sorry that your son is in jail.  That is a hardship for you - his mother - and for his wife and children as well.  This enforced separation has taken away their father, her husband, and your son.  It’s very hard, I’m sure.  You want him home again.

3- I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to visit him more often.  But, please remember, the jail in which he is incarcerated is not in my city, is not even in my county.  (And can I add… if your count is correct, I’ve visited him more than you have….)  This isn’t an excuse, it’s just the reality.  

4 – I’m sorry that it seems very likely that at his upcoming court appearance he will be sentenced to three years in prison.  And I’m sorry that it’s not very likely that I can do or say anything to change that probability.

5 - I'm sorry that I can't make him believe in God.  

6 - I'm sorry that I cannot meet your expectations in any of these areas.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails