Pages

google analytics

Monday, July 4, 2011

Castle Andemae



Excuse me,

I am looking for a castle, the castle Andemae.
   Good Lord in Heaven!
Up the street comes a procession
of the faithful and superstitious
with crosses and banners and bells
and, most importantly,
with the prayers of a saint.
If any one knows
where the castel Andemae is,
it is him.

The Count was the last to live there,
he who killed the twelve virgins.
He left no heir and the castle is in ruins.
I warn you, take heed.
I warn you of great danger, young man.

I’m making the trip to find out who I am.
I know nothing of myself, my parents
or where I was born.
I will find answers in the castle Andemae
or I will find death.

Sir! Three black crows
and this Good Friday, sir. It is an an omen, sir!
Drive on.
But sir, I have a family, children at home…
Drive on. Drive on.

Drive on through the dark and through the fog.
Drive on past corpses hanging from the boughs
Drive on and do not stop till we’ve reached the castle.

It may be a trap and it may be cursed, but I go on.

The gates swing wide as if magicked,
a piano plays within.
Come, this way,
says my withered host.
The count’s been dead for these thirty five years
but, for you, he will rise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails