Pages

google analytics

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lamantations 5 (JOV - Joel Osteen Version)

All right, hold up your bible and say it like you mean it:

This is my bible.
I am what it says I am.
I have what it says I have.
I can do what it says I can do.
Today I will be taught the word of God.
I boldly confess my mind is alert, my heart is receptive.
I will never be the same,
never, never, never.
I will never be the same. In Jesus' name.

Amen.
Lamentations 5 (JOV - Joel Osteen Version)

1 - Remember O LORD, what all has happened to us,
            look and see our glory.
2 - Our inheritance has been given to us;
            we have large homes.
3 - We have become children of God,
            blessed with the riches of the kingdom.
4 - We have pure refreshing bottled water to drink,
            we have money to buy all that we need.
5 - There are none who would pursue us,
            we are comfortable and at rest.
6 - We look to no one to provide
            the bread we need.
7 - Our fathers may have thought negative thoughts
            but we are bold and confident.
8 - We have servants to care for us
            and their hands are busy to serve us.
9 - We get our bread freely
             we have plenty of resources.
10 - Our skin is clear,
            our hair is oiled.
11 - Women think we are handsome,
            young women are smitten.
12 - Presidents and CEOs call for our advice;
            leaders give us respect.
13 - Our young men have no need to toil;
            they are given a huge inheritance.
14 - The elders of the community seek our permission;
            the young men play our praise.
15 -  Joy is the word of our hearts;
            we dance and do not morn.
16 - We wear a crown of victory on our heads,
            wonderful we are.
17 - Because of this, our hearts are full,
            because of this, there is a glimmer in our eyes.
18 - For Lakewood is swelling
            and the seats are always full.
19 - You, O LORD, reign forever
            your throne endures from generation to generation
20 - You always bless us;
            you never forsake us.
21 - Continue to bless us, O LORD, that
           we may always be blessed;
            keep us young and vibrant
22 - because we are your favorites
            and you love us more than any other.

4 comments:

  1. I was just talking to someone about this kind of thinking this morning...

    I don't understand it. I don't want to understand it. As much as I (sometimes) am sad because I can't take grand vacations and whatnot, I know that God blesses me where I am and with what I have.

    And even if I did have it 'all'... I would probably give it all away anyways.

    Oh Prosperity Preachers... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Well, I'm sure he would if there were reason for offense in this.

      Delete
  3. Osteen is a total whack job. Great motivational speaker but NOTHING to do with the Gospel. He selectively uses the Bible for his "examples". He has led a lot of people astray.

    ReplyDelete

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails