Pages

google analytics

Friday, August 13, 2010

Late Night Thunderstorm

I was hoping to take my son out last night to watch the sky for meteors, but instead we had thunderstorm. I let him sleep and I grabbed a camera.  I know, I know.  I should stay inside when there's lightning, but it was too cool.  I didn't get a lot of  pictures, but this one turned out pretty well. 




















I went back inside the house shortly after taking this photo.  There was a huge flash of lightning and a boom that shook the ground and then the power went out all across town.  I went in to make sure the sleeping children were still sleeping and that the sump-pumps were connected to the emergency power back up. 


My son and I are hoping for a meteor show tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails