Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Two Paintings Without Names

I've been doing a bit of painting in the past couple of weeks. Not as much as I might like, but I've completed a couple of things, and - what is more - I'm pretty happy with the way that they've turned out.  I'm satisfied and that is a good thing.

The only thing I'm not really happy about is that I don't  have a title for them.  If you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear from you. 



This painting was inspired by two things: 1) an article in National Geographic Magazine about the Nazca Lines in Peru, and 2) a photo of a cow. Putting them together just seemed to work - at least for me.



This was an exercise with stencils.  I cut the stencil for the woman's face based on a pencil drawing from an old sketch book of mine.  The stencil of the poison bottles was derived from an illustration in an old first aid guide.

3 comments:

  1. 17 Teat Cow Goddess Worship.

    Desperation Roulette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about that first suggestion, paul, but "desperation" was definately in mind for the second.

    ReplyDelete

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails